Alabama's Breast Cancer Research Tag Funds Research and Saves Lives!
The Breast Cancer Research Foundation of Alabama redesigned its specialty license plate in 2014. Now itâ€™s also available for ALL your rides - CARS/TRUCKS and MOTORCYCLES!
Get THE PLATE for your vehicle or motorcycle that supports breast cancer Research in Alabama! 100% of proceeds received by BCRFA Funds Research!
- If you already have a registered vehicle in Alabama and want to switch over to the Breast Cancer Research specialty tag when you renew, check www.RenewYourTag.com to see if your county participates in their online renewal portal. If your county is not listed in the drop down menu, you can make the switch at your local DMV office or County Courthouse (to find your local DMV, please review this list on their Department of Revenue website).
- Also, take a moment to check out the DMVs list of e-services in many counties across the State here to see if your county allows online renewals on a different site.
- When you head to the DMV in person, take your current tag with you and ask for the BREAST CANCER RESEARCH specialty plate when you arrive.
- Any way you register for your tag, the annual fee of $50 for a specialty plate remains the same. When you pay the annual $50 specialty tag fee, BCRFA receives $41.25 and puts 100% those funds to support Breast Cancer Research in Alabama. Your donation of $41.25 is tax-deductible. There is also a one-time $1.50 fee to transfer your tag to the new specialty plate.
- Once you have your new tag, renewals of your specialty plate may be done online or mail annually.
IN SOME COUNTIES, YOU CAN REQUEST THE RESEARCH TAG VIA EMAIL
Contact your local DMV for details.
The specialty tag fee will be added to your next tag renewal notice. NO LINES / NO WAITING! Your “FUNDING RESEARCH...SAVING LIVES” specialty plate will be mailed to you after your annual taxes have been paid.
Additional Tag Renewal Contact Information is below:
Tuscaloosa County: [email protected]
Madison County: [email protected]
Cullman County: 256-775-4901
NEW! You can now get the Breast Cancer Research Tag for your motorized vessels!
Specialty boat registrations can be purchased through your local probate judge or licence commissioneer at you local DMV office. Specialty decals cost an additional $50, with $30 funding breast cancer research in Alabama, $20 funding Alabama State Parks, and $10 for state fees.
For more information, contact the BCRFA at (205) 996-5463.