Alabama’s Breast Cancer License Plate Funds Research and Saves Lives!
The Breast Cancer Research Foundation of Alabama redesigned its specialty license plate in 2014. Now it’s also available for ALL your rides - CARS/TRUCKS and MOTORCYCLES!
Get THE PLATE that funds breast cancer Research right here in Alabama!
- Visit your local Department of Motor Vehicles office or County Courthouse.
- Take your current tag with you and ask for the RESEARCH specialty plate.
- Pay the annual $50 specialty tag fee ($41.25 of this will be used for breast cancer research in Alabama and is tax-deductible) There is an additional $1.50 fee to transfer your tag to the new specialty plate.
- Renewals of your specialty plate may be done online or via mail.
REQUEST THE RESEARCH TAG VIA EMAIL
Before your next tag renewal (at least 1 month prior) send an e-mail with the following information:
- Full Name
- Mailing Address
- Current License Plate Number
- Renewal Month
- Request the RESEARCH tag
The specialty tag fee will be added to your next tag renewal notice. NO LINES / NO WAITING! Your “FUNDING RESEARCH...SAVING LIVES” specialty plate will be mailed to you after your annual taxes have been paid.
EMAIL for Tuscaloosa and Madison County Residents
Tuscaloosa County: firstname.lastname@example.org
Madison County: email@example.com
Contact Information for Cullman County Residents
Cullman County: (256) 775-4901
Online Ordering Portal for Lauderdale County Residents
Request Your Breast Cancer Research Specialty Plate from the State Dept. of Motor Vehicles
Visit the Motor Vehicle Title Registration and Insurance Portal to request the BCRFA Plate and check personalization availability.
- Select the Specialty Tag for Breast Cancer Research (vehicle), Breast Cancer Research M/C pers. (motorcycle), "Funding Research...Saving Lives"
- Click Next below “Breast Cancer Research” and type in your personalization.
- After confirmation of your personalization, you can request to have your personalized plate sent to your local DMV office!
For more information, contact the BCRFA at (205) 996-5463.